The flower will consist of different values of yellow and I think I've decided to make it a bit 3-dimensional by tying larger and smaller wool strips into knots and then sewing them onto the backing....I've never done this before, so I'm sure it will be more labor intensive than I think it will be, but hopefully will be worth the extra effort. Plus it's fun to stretch creatively and try new things.
I'm happy with how the water turned out going from darker at the bottom and then getting lighter towards the top. Kenny told me that the bubbles represented our backyard pool and my hooking is my interpretation of the water.
I'm also loving how the flowers come "off" of the canvas and I tried to work bits of purple into the water to make it look like the flower is reflecting in the water.
I'm hoping if you click on the pictures you can see them larger.