Tuesday, June 16, 2009

More video of the den

I now have the den painted. The walls are Apple Polish from Behr paint. I will take pictures tomorrow of how the ceiling technique turned out. It's very subtle, but worth the effort.

I took the video at 4:30 am the other day when I couldn't sleep...that's why the video ends at the coffee pot :)

This is entering our den from the kitchen. We have an antique canoe that has been made into a shelf that we picked up several years ago and hauled from Kansas City to Springfield in my old Subaru Forester....it went from the front seat all the way out the back...that was quite a trip I must say.

A few more notes, we still have the flooring to replace and the fireplace to repaint...Kenny painted the inside of the fireplace black with heat resistant paint....then he had to turn off the a/c and turn on the attic fan to get rid of the fumes...it was horrible.

The pack basket on the floor by the fireplace is great for storing magazines.

If you see anything you are curious about, just ask, and if you have any ideas for the fireplace, I'd love to hear your suggestions.

We still need to hang artwork on the red walls....we're waiting until the fireplace and flooring are finished, because we might change the furniture arrangement around.

2 comments:

  1. I love your color choice! Your a very talented lady and your home reflects that. No ideas for your fireplace, sorry! But that coffee sure looks good! Thanks for the tour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you decorate.
    This is my dream to sort of turn my home into a country prim kind of place.Thank you for showing us.
    God bless,
    Helen(grammea)
    grammea22@verizon.net

    ReplyDelete