Friday, October 17, 2008

Wednesday night hooking

Is your bag of worms as big as you are?.........Kelly's is getting pretty close!!!! However, she's putting them to good use in this little rug...Wednesday night was such huge fun......so many hookers....so many projects.....so many ideas!!!
This is the rug that Janette is working on......it's her VERY FIRST piece....I think she is doing an awesome job!!!

Katie is working on this little pumpkin guy from Maria Barton. I love her whimsical colors that she chooses for her pieces. Janette's rug above is from Maria as well.

This is a rug that another one of our newer hookers, Debbie, is working on. The pattern is from Rhonda Manley. Debbie is a color chooser FEE-NOM!!!! You'd never know that this was just her 3rd piece that she's hooked.....she HAS IT!
I love the eyes on her cat!Speaking of cats.....here is one that Marsha is working on. She went to a mini-workshop at Nola's this past week....can't wait to see this finished into the little hanger that it will be!
And speaking of Nola....here is a ladybug purse that either Lauren or Caroline is working on....I can't remember which one was working on this one. It hs the funkiest wools and fabrics in it!

Here is a close up of one of the leaves in progress....the veining looks like chenille yarn.This is a cat rug that Rita D. is hooking on.....yummy and old. I think the pattern is from Rhonda. We are so blessed in this area to have access to so many wonderful designers!
Here is a close up....A great little acorn mat....I think Joan hooked this?
Vicki just started a Santa stocking.....How cute!


Here is a Santa that Sheri is hooking.....this is the one that is going to get the tea bag treatment that she has been talking about on
Wool Snippets.

This is Rita P.'s cat that she hooked at Nola's mini-workshop.....love the green eyes!
Yes,,,,,another project from Nola's. JoLynn is working on this one.....the crows are hooked with different things like chenille and yarn I believe.
Rita P. did this one at Nola's mini-workshop as well. Crocheted trim made from eyelash yarn and the crow and pumpkin are chenille yarn....see the crow's little button eye? CUTE!

Gobs of fun, gobs of food and gobs of inspiration!!!


Oh yeah....last but not least....here is the recipe for Sheri's

Prosciutto Wagon Wheels
1 box (2sheets) frozen puff pastry, thawed
2/3 C. Dijon mustard divided ( I didn’t measure, I just spooned it on with the back of a spoon)
3/4 pound prosciutto, very thinly sliced, divided (Wal Mart carries it: need 5-6 pkgs.) But you could just use thin deli sliced ham also!
2 C. shredded provolone, divided (I used Seargento Mozzarella and provolone blend already shredded in bag)
As you can see from above, I didn’t follow the recipe exactly…
Preheat oven to 425. Grease lg. Baking sheet. I sprayed w/Pam. Working with 1 sheet of the puff pastry, keeping remaining sheet wrapped and cold, roll out on lightly floured surface to 14" square. Brush with thin layer of mustard. This is where I just used the back of a spoon!
Cover with half of the ham slices, slightly overlapping and leaving ½ inch border around edges.
Sprinkle with 1C. cheese. Roll pastry tightly. Pinch seams to seal. (I wet the edges before pinching together). Repeat with remaining pastry sheet. Place closed side down and cut with a serrated knife into ½ inch pieces, placing 1 inch apart on cookie sheet. Bake 10-15 min. or until golden brown.
From the book "Colorado Collage" from the Junior League of Denver 1995

7 comments:

  1. I was there and I didn't see some of these great projects!! I was sitting right next to the food table. The little pumpkin cookies were to die for!! And thanks for posting my recipe. MMMmmm....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE catching up on your blog after Wednesday night hooking! Such inspiration! I really MUST start my very first real rug! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for sharing all of these creations in process. I love them all. How fun.

    JoEllen

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOOh! You took such artsy beautiful pictures. I loved looking at all of them from your perspective. I am almost finished with Pumpkin Man! Thanks for the recipe and gorgeous photos. Have a FaBuLous Weekend! Blessings, Katie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing. Love to see what's hookin' in Springfield!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ohman...think I told you before that I am so envious of your Wednesday night hooking group!!! I love seeing what everyone is working on...thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are surrounded by such inspiration and talent! The air must just crackle with the creative energy. Beautiful work
    Naomi-CT

    ReplyDelete