Monday, July 14, 2008

My bookshelf

It seems I'm able to read SOOOOO much more in the summer.....I've been devouring books right and left.

Kenny brought me this book, "The Darkest Evening of the Year", home from the library and I spent an entire day by the pool over 4th of July just reading, reading and reading. Such a GREAT book!!!
He picked it out because it's about a woman who rescues golden retrievers, but it ended up being 4 stories that are woven into one at the end.....it kept me riveted!!!


I have a book list to the left on my blog of books I've read or wanted to read and I started one a few nights ago called, "Rescuing Sprite". Not sure if it was good or not....I read the first couple of chapters and just could not get into it. Do you ever do that with books....it seems like I can commit or not in the first couple of chapters.....I couldn't "commit" to reading this book. If you've read it I'd love to know if I need to give it a 2nd chance.

I've also read this book, "The Dogs Who Found Me".


It's a book, but set up like a bunch of short stories about a writer who is working to rescue dogs....mainly pit bulls.....from reading this they are a very misunderstood breed. If you like to read for just a little bit before going to bed at night...this is a good one.
Okay, I think that's it.....had my first sugar craving today at work....had to run to the cafeteria and grab an apple...that seemed to do the trick.
Go forth and be creative,
Tammy

1 comment:

  1. I'm reading "The Kite Runner" at the moment, quite a riveting book. The author is Khaled Hosseini.

    ReplyDelete