Sunday, September 23, 2007

A Couple of Artsy Sundays


For the past two Sundays I've been lucky enough to spend time going to art events.
Last Sunday I went to "Cider Days" in downtown Springfield with my husband and friends David and Patti. Usually we don't end up buying much, but it certainly is fun to see the sights....

.....people walking their miniature horses.....

......wild outfits.....

...dancing.....

.....face painting.....


.....historical homes.....


.......beautiful, old trees.......



......and our spirits weren't dampened....even in the rain!



Thankfully, the weather cooperated a little more nicely while I was in Kansas City this weekend with my aunt Jo an. We had such fun looking, eating, shopping and visiting with my cousin Katrina.

(me and aunt Jo an)


We saw beautiful works of art from the stunning jewelry of Robyn Nichols



Fiber art from Mary Beth Yates


Mixed-media from John Whipple.

We also took time to watch Haylee and her friend Callie get "eye" make-overs at MAC cosmetics.
Here are the before........and after pictures.....
BEAUTIMOUS!!!
We stayed in a revived little boutique hotel with the most fun color scheme!
We had brunch at a great spot in Kansas City called One80. I had the most wonderful Cajun Bloody Mary and an omlette with smoked salmon, sun-dried tomatoes, pesto and fontina cheese....YUM!
Then later I snacked on some Wedding Cake Gelato...OH MY GOSH!!!!
However, all good things must come to an end and we come back to our "real" lives of Mt. Saint Laundry!!!
Go forth and be creative,
Tammy






















1 comment:

  1. Looks like you had an awesome trip and tons of fun! Those girls were gorgeous after their make-over!! :D
    (and before!) How fun!!

    ReplyDelete