While I was talking to Elinor Barrett, at the Truman Rug Show, she told me that she adopted one of the dogs that was featured on my side bar last year…..this was Samantha on my blog last year…..now Sammie Jane Doe….now that makes me smile!
Elinor said she had also made up a story about Sammie Jane’s past life and how she came to be in hers…….
“I didn't tell you that I've made up a history of her life. Did you watch
the Bourne movies? Well, Jason Bourne was originally David Webb from
Nixa, MO. I think he left her behind when he went into the CIA and that's
when the Nixa pound picked her up. (I may have too much time on my
Oh Elinor…..this makes me feel so “un-alone”…..we make up stories about our dogs all the time.
If you’d like to meet Elinor, she’ll be at the Baa Baa Boonville Hook-in Saturday, 29 October 2011. $15 to attend (This price includes morning pastries, lunch, snacks and beverages.)
E-mail me and I’ll be happy to send you their flyer!
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
We are so looking forward to seeing all of you at our Blood on the Rug~Halloween Hook~in, October 29th. We already have 83 registrants and are expecting more and a wicked good time! We want you to have a wonderful weekend and have updates for you to help you in your planning. If you registered other people, please pass this information along to them.
1. We've spoken with the managers at the Boonville hotels and they love the idea of hookers at work in their lobbies and rooms they're making available. Sounds like a pajama party to us! At least two hotels (Hotel Frederick
and Comfort Inn
are offering a special and most excellent rate - just tell them you're with the Baa Baa Boonville Hook-in for either Friday +/or Saturday nights. There's also a special public reception scheduled on Saturday afternoon at the Hotel Frederick that will include quilt appraisals and book signing by Ann Hazelwood. http://www.booksonthings.com/php/bot2009.php?topic=home. Also,Glenn's Cafe,
the restaurant at the Frederick is terrific and highly recommended. We encourage you to check it all out! Let's show them what a good time hookers can bring to the Boonville hotels!
....See all the details on the hotels below.
2. We're busy brainstorming for our breakfast and lunch menus. No hook-in would be complete without the snacks and desserts, and because we're going to have such a large crowd...
...if you feel so inspired to bring a treat along, we would be totally delighted!
3. We've added more vendors! In addition to Rhonda and Marty from Black Sheep Wool Designs
Patty (Queen of the last weekend's awesome Truman Lake/Warsaw hook-in) from Saltbox Primitives
and Marcia from White Horse Antiques, we are very pleased to welcome the following vendors:
- Ozark Handspun - if you haven't seen this opulent yarn before, you'll love it! Meet Dave Gentzsch who dyes and spins these gorgeous fibers. www.ozarkhandspun.com
- Prairie Road Designs - Sheila Arbogast from Wentzville, MO. You'll love Sheila's charming patterns for totes, rugs, pillows, and wool applique. Dog lovers alert - take a look at her cool three-dimensional dog pattern! www.prairieroaddesigns.com.
- Sleepy Hollow Wool: delightful bags, beads, dyed wools and more designed with hookers in mind by Mary Barile and Jenny Schutte. You can find them on Facebook and Etsy.com
....And making his first appearance, our newest exhibitor: Hank the wonder dog! We anticipate at least one or two more vendors may also be joining. Stay tuned!
4. Parking is available in a lot next to Turner Hall (on the west side of the building -- between the building and Main Street.) There is also ample street parking.
Let us know if you have any questions and we'll see you on the 29th. Bring lots to show and tell! Best wishes for a great start to fall, and may the wool be with you!
Your Rughooking Fiends