Thursday, December 17, 2009

Tied with a bow

Back here I talked about how much I wanted to try to be more creative with my Christmas gift-wrapping this year and yesterday I actually sat down and did it!

I love how it turned out….very simple and pretty!

Just muslin, torn into strips and then pulled several threads from each side to make them more shaggy.  Run the iron over the muslin and then just stamp away….a bit time consuming if you are in a hurry, but I didn’t have anything else on my plate yesterday….just enjoying making my packages beautiful.

I still have a few packages to wrap that will be arriving in the mail and on those I might try these tissue paper flowers made from vintage sewing patterns.  Aren’t they lovely?

I saw them on EAB Designs blog.  I don’t have ANY sewing patterns….let alone VINTAGE, so I’ll just try this with tissue paper and see how they turn out.  I have LOTS of odds and ends of jewelry and this will be a great way to give those pieces a new life.

Go forth and be creative,

Tammy

2 comments: