Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Do you judge a book by it’s cover?

Last night I stopped by the library to pick up a few books.

I was in a hurry, so I just grabbed what caught my eye.

Judge a book by it’s cover?  Who me?

Well, yeah, that’s exactly what I did and here is what I ended up with.

 

I started “Lamb” last night and so far it’s sucked me in and is

reading pretty fast.  That’s the best thing about the library….it’s free and

if you get a few books at a time, if you start one and it’s not jiving with you,

you can just lay it aside and start something else.

As for “Five Smooth Stones”……I tried for 2 weeks to “get into” that book

and I just couldn’t do it…..seems it was moving to slow for my taste.

Some books get returned unread, no matter how beautiful the cover is.

1 comment:

  1. Guilty! I totally judge a book by it's cover. Although now I have a kindle...I still do that. Our local library, in our small town, doesn't really keep their books updated all that much. So you either have to go to another town or, like me, use your kindle. I'll have to see what Lamb is about. I love it when a book sucks you right in and you don't want to put it down. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete