Monday, May 12, 2014

I Spy

IMG_4017

Last week, when we were opening the pool, I went into the shed

to get some pool chemicals.  While I was in there I kept hearing

cheeping.  We have a little bird house on the front of our shed, but

it sounded like it was coming from inside.

On further inspection, I found that it WAS coming from inside the

shed.

Inside this bag of bags that Kenny keeps for weeding.

Today I was able to get a good picture of the babies.

IMG_4019

I think there are four of them…baby wrens.  First time the

birds have made a nest INSIDE the shed….mama is coming in and

out through a hole in the back of the shed, but the temps have

been rather hot, so we’ve been leaving the door open

for her so her babies don’t get too hot.

Just goes to show….you never know what kind of surprises

you will find when you are doing your daily chores.

6 comments:

  1. I love those kinds of surprises! Husband has a nest on one of his ladders he has hanging on the back of his workshop.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cathy, Aren't they the best?! We are used to finding nests in hanging baskets on our front porch, but this one was a total surprise. So I'm guessing your husband's ladder will be out of commission for a while?

      Delete
  2. I love baby birdies, watching the birds make nests, love my mommy bunnies and babies. Such great beauty in the growth of nature in the spring. (I'll forgive the pollen for a moment).
    Saundra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Saundra, Yes, if we could have spring without the pollen, that would be ideal! My car is black, but every day when I get off work, it has a golden haze on it! Wish we had baby bunnies to watch, but alas, with hounds, that NEVER happens!

      Delete
  3. I love baby birdies, watching the birds make nests, love my mommy bunnies and babies. Such great beauty in the growth of nature in the spring. (I'll forgive the pollen for a moment).
    Saundra

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have some in a little house, but I can't get a view of the babies like this! How fun!

    ReplyDelete