Sunday, February 8, 2009

A day of creativity!


I took Suzi Blu's video to heart yesterday and got creative and started making art.....art on wool that is!
Sheri from Shabby Sheep came by and we got in the dye pans and came up with some lovely colors!

They are sooooo lovely that I can't help but share them with you!
This batch will be for sale for my blog readers so if you see something you just gotta have drop me a line by clicking on the post office box picture and let me know what you just have to have!
I take checks and paypal.
If you'd like to see larger pictures of the wools please visit my Flickr page
here.
These are all one-of-a-kind wools with the exception of Indian Paintbrush which is a recipe from Woolly Mammoth Woolens.
This is a wool that I call EASTER. Easter is 1/2 yard
This was fun to dye....we did it in an open pan and floated the wool on top of some water and then drizzled various Easter colors on top of it. It was an experimental process and I think it turned out lovely and watercolor-y!
$18 + $1 shipping
Here is a close up of EASTER
This is 1 yard of Fantasy wool called AWAKENING.
It goes from a dark night to a sunny day.
The great thing about Fantasy wools is that you can get a different effect in your hooking depending on which direction you strip the wool.
$36 + $2 shipping.

Close up of AWAKENING


INDIAN PAINTBRUSH spot dye
A lovely recipe from Wooley Mammoth Woolens.
1/2 yard $18 + $1 shipping
close up of INDIAN PAINTBRUSH
SEAWEED spot dye
We were making this for grass for the rug Sheri is working on.
1/2 yard $18 + $1 shipping

SEAWEED close up
PEACOCK transcolor wool
This goes from golds, to greens to blues.....colors of a lovely peacock
1 yard $36 + $2 shipping

PEACOCK close up

MIXED MEDIA Fantasy wool

This reminds me of a lot of the altered art and journaling pieces that I see...thus the name.

1 yard $36 + $2 shipping
MIXED MEDIA close up Go forth and be creative,
Tammy

8 comments:

  1. Tammy, thank you for a fabulous day!!! I will surely be envied by the other hookers. I got a one-on-one dye day with the "dye mistress" herself! I had a ball, and we did come up with some great colors!! I just finished cutting some "seaweed" for my grass. Can't wait to hook it up. You're da wo-man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OO Tammy ~ I love these!! You are the QuEeN of CoLor! Can't wait to see in real life! Very InSpiRinG!
    Love and Blessings, Katie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love what you dyed. I want to come play someday....
    vicki

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love what you dyed. I want to come play someday....
    vicki

    ReplyDelete
  5. the other day i purchased a piece of your wool at simply fibers. lovely work. i can wait to use it in one of my sewing projects.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh Tammy, these are all beautiful! (Going back to take a second look).

    ReplyDelete
  7. The dyed wools are absolutely incredible. It would have been heaven to "dye" with you two. Do you ever dye cottons? Would love some for quiltmaking if you ever do!!!! I want first dibs....haha Take care and xoxoxo to you from Tennessee! Josh

    ReplyDelete
  8. Vicki,
    You are always welcome to come up and dye with me!!! Anytime!!!
    Joshua...dyeing cottons...well, I supposed it couldn't be that much different from dyeing wool...could it?
    I'll keep that in mind.

    ReplyDelete