Wednesday, May 30, 2007
Sunday, May 27, 2007
In Flanders Fields
In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Friday, May 25, 2007
I must have been feeling golden!!!
Go forth and be creative,
Thursday, May 24, 2007
Bits of purple.
The ever watchful cranes. They have moved up from the ground to the trees...these are stumps left from the maple tree that bit the dust during the ice storm.
A view inside the sunroom. Kenny's antique garden supplies collection.
They keep house in this old seedbox.
One of the orchids in bloom...what a beauty.
The "Basketful" auction for the Convoy of Hope" ends tonight.
Tuesday, May 22, 2007
Monday, May 21, 2007
1. I love Springfield style cashew chicken and really never get tired of it....I could honestly eat it several times a week!
2. I have a murderer's thumb, I found this out from a palm reading at a Nuclear Medicine convention when I was in school. Click on the link to see what this says about me......it's true. I also have mismatched thumbs.
3. I have a hard time sitting completely still....I fidget a lot....yes, I'm the person tapping their foot that just drives you crazy. I'm generally not aware that I'm doing it.
4. I love glitz!! The more sparkles the better...I think that's why I love Las Vegas....glitz just doesn't look so gawdy when you're there.....not like it does living here in the Midwest.
5. I'm allergic to horses. My father-in-law raises Missouri Fox Trotters, but I can't even pet them when we go out to his farm.
6. I dated my husband, Kenny, on and off for 7 years before we took the plunge and got married.
7. I love reality TV!!!! Watching it is like watching a train wreck....you know you should turn away, but you just can't help but gawking at it....marathons are the worst....I'll just watch and watch and watch.
Now here are the folks I'm tagging....I'm only tagging 4 since I'm new to blogging.
1. Kelley at With Hook and Needle
2. Dulcy at Dulcy's Doorstep
3. Renee at Skip To My Ewe Too
4. Sunnie at Vermont Rug Hooker's Diary
Go forth and be who you are,
Saturday, May 19, 2007
I've just issued a Trash to Treasure challenge for the members of our group. Taking something that you don't like or that you found for a couple of dollars and turning it into something new and wonderful. This could be a hooked project, something sewn, painted....whatever. I just want to get people's creative juices going and nothing is better than seeing how others do things. Sometimes a picture really is worth a thousand words!
You see something in a magazine, art show, store, etc. and you go "AHA! I could do something like that".....or "What if....I did something sort of like that, but did it like this instead?!"
I'm working on transforming this tall metal stool. It's an avacado green and then has a really retro (yet, in my opinion...UGLY) fabric on it. I'm in the process of hooking a new top for it and then I'll decide how to paint the legs....maybe one color...maybe stripes of color like the rug topper...haven't really decided yet. No doubt I'm hoping that it's an improvement when it's finished....stay tuned...this is yet ANOTHER project that I'm going to be working on.
I'm happy to say that bids are still coming in on the "Basketful" rug on eBay for the Convoy of Hope charity....again....THANK YOU!!!!
For the rest of the day I'm going to be working on the "porch project" that I posted about a few days ago....if I can remember I'll take pictures so you can see the progress. Of course I hope to have it all completed by the end of the day...we'll see!
Go forth and be creative,
Friday, May 18, 2007
Pilates is tonight after work...I go on Monday and Friday....a great way to start and end my week.
Now, that makes me think of something that I get several e-mails and comments about.....how do I do everything that I do?
Ya know what? I have no earthly idea!! I'm always looking for balance in my life....as I'm sure lots of us are. I'm very fortunate to have a job where I can use my laptop. For example, today my job is scanning patients. Each patient scan takes about 20 minutes and they can't talk while they are being scanned...this is when I do a lot of my "stuff" on the internet. Everything from ebay, blogging and paying bills.
It's called Black Bean and Corn Salad II. If you want to try it along with me here is the link to the recipe.
Thanks for all of you that post and e-mail me. It's what keeps me inspired!!
Go forth and be creative,
Wednesday, May 16, 2007
In the mean time I've still been plugging away on the "Flower Girl" rug. I've got some beading sewn down and have the flowers applied. Here is a picture of the progress I've made.
It's not much, but running the wire through the beads and just figuring out how to do this has taken up a lot of time. I really can't wait to be finished with the embellishing and get the binding on....I think that is going to make all the difference in the world.....at least I hope so.
I'm thinking a white like the trim, but in that glossy paint. I stained it a few years ago, but it is really in bad need of a face lift!
Sunday, May 13, 2007
Friday, May 11, 2007
Storing wool.....this is a cool little basket that I got a few years back....right now it's holding assorted gold wools .....looks pretty fall-ish...perhaps I'll brighten things up a bit and load the basket with pinks for spring and let the crow have the summer off.
The guernsey cow is another consideration.....they have the sweetest faces and my great-grandparents had a dairy farm when I was growing up...they sold their milk in the old glass bottles with paper lids. Guernseys are prided on their rich cream. Seeing guernsey cows brings back wonderful childhood memories for me.
This is a Texas Longhorn. I saw one of these lying in a field on my way back from Arkansas earlier this spring and just couldn't get it out of my my mind. I can see the face at the right side of the rug with a little bit of horn showing on that side and then having the entire left side of the rug taken up by it's other long horn. I've had a hard time finding close up pictures of their faces....I can see why....I wouldn't want to get up to close to those long horns!!! I've just got to do a white dappled one, because that is what I saw lying in the field.